Thursday, June 26, 2008

Global Warming is real!

Okay so I just finished the fourth Maximum Ride book and I must say this one is going to be my mascot book for this Blog!  It goes off onto my saying that there is GLOBAL WARMING!  Global warming is when Green house gasses build up in the atmosphere and make it get thinner and thinner.  It also causes a rise in temperature.  Sure you might say that would be great!  But the plants and animals that live in the north like Polar Bears and Penguins are almost gone with the melting of the polar ice caps melting.  If they melt then sea level will rise around twenty feet or more, causing extreme flooding!  So more people will be crowded then before.  Also storms are beginning brew getting bigger and bigger!  That means Hurricanes more threatening then before, bigger T-Storms bigger twisters etc.
But what can we kids do to stop this?  Well each year millions of tin cans and plastic bags a thrown away.  You can stop this by recycling and not using plastic bags or at least reuse them!  You can also make things from the cans and bags!  Lets see here I made about five wind chimes by cutting the cans open so that you a sheet then cutting shapes out then putting string on them and hanging them on the top or bottom.  Or cutting the tops of and making them pencil holders planters etc.....
I made sweet bags from the plastic ones by getting the colored duck tape and covering the bag with it!  And don't even get me started with what I did with the can toppers that open them.  Lets see I made a belt i-pod case and I'm making a bag!
Also I know this may sound weird and all of you fashionista's out there may say NO WAY!  But clothes from thrift shops!  It can help the environment by reducing the use of factories that give of smog!  Or use clothes out of recycled material, and when you don't fit into something, don't throw it away give it away!
Also you can reduce the use of electricity by turning the lights out!  Or getting florescent lights!  And don't use the spray hairspray!!!!!!  That releases a lot of gas!  Instead use head bands or the ones that you need use a trigger! 
So help the world!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Tips!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE MAXIMUM RIDE!!!!

Irregular Kiki said...

That is some great advice. Lately I have been running around the house and closing some lights. But I don't understand what you mean by making a sweet bag with duct tape... Can you please explain that? It sounds interesting.
Has anyone read The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants written by Ann Brashares? I finished it just yesterday. I am a Bookchicken... (It's a nice name for book lovers instead of yucky Bookworm)

Random Irregular said...

Hi BR:)
Thanks for all that info on Global Warming, 'cause guess what? I have an assignment to do on that. *Copy and Pastes text from BR's blog--->Plagiarism, Muwahaha*

I've read books 1 and 2 of Maximum Ride. I have the third one and need to get the fourth. Avian-Human Hybrids Rawk!

Those are great ideas, but like irregular kiki, I don't get the sweet bag w/duct tape either.

I'm sorry about the pesky comment, 'cause I hate it when people say mean stuff to others, like, especially on YouTube. They are so rude /:-( <---That's meant to e a sad and angry guy.

Have a fun summer holiday!
Fly On(teehee)

Anonymous said...

Yeah thanks..........and no you can't use my use my article the way it is but you could make it better and use it as a basses